Tuesday, January 20, 2009

In a Funk

I went to a Weight Watchers meeting last Saturday. I was up .8 to 142 lbs exactly. That means I gained less than a pound over the holidays. Good enough.

The problem is that since that meeting, my eating has been out of control. I've been eating out way too much, which hurts not only on the scale but my pocket book, too. For example, today I had Fiber One Toaster Pastries for breakfast: 7 points. (I know there is nothing good or natural about a pop-tart knock off, even if it has 35% of your daily fiber, so spare me the lecture.)

For lunch, I met up with the husband and had a grilled turkey sandwich. (Sounds healthy-ish right? Don't be fooled. The turkey was topped with full fat cheese and honey mustard dressing and served on a pretzel roll.) I also had french fries. Points: only God knows.

Then, I fell asleep on my couch watching the inauguration festivities and when I woke up I was ravenous. The result? Half a bag of salt and vinegar potato chips - gone.

To top it off, I skipped out on my run this morning to watch the inauguration and haven't summoned the energy to go out in the cold and get it done. Now it is late and dark and the Biggest Loser is on in 45 minutes, so I'm going to go ahead and call today a bust - at least on the running front.

I've got to get out of this funk, so I'm setting a goal for myself to track points for the remainder of this week. Maybe it will be enough to counter all the crap eating I've done in the last three days. I really just hope it will give me back some control and motivation.

No comments: