Tuesday, December 2, 2008

3 Miles

Well, D2/W1 was a success...mostly.

Since I had a big day on the career/school front, I knew I would have to get my run in early this morning. BUT, when my alarm clock began chirping at me at 6:30 this morning I apparently hit snooze twice, because when I finally got out of bed I was running behind.

I lugged my suit and gym bag and book bag across campus in the freezing cold, threw on my gym shorts and running shoes and hit the treadmill . (I already had a shirt on, don't worry.) My plan was to do a relatively slow, easy jog since I haven't been running as much in the last couple of weeks. So, I set the speed for 5.5 mph. Oh. My. God. I felt like I was going to die, and my heart rate (per my Polar Heart Rate Monitor) was up around 185.

After about half a mile I slowed down to 5 mph. Then, a bit later, to 4.7 mph. That was bearable. About a mile in I glanced at the treadmill next to me. Even though my speed was set at 4.7 mph, I was running quite a bit faster than the girl running next to me, who had her speed set at 6.0 mph.

Frustrated, I hopped off my treadmill and on to another. I set the speed for 5.5 and cruised through the last two miles. Tomorrow's 2 miler should be a breeze.

No comments: