Monday, December 1, 2008

First Post!

Welcome!

About six months ago I decided I was tired of being fat. Mind you, I was not morbidly obese, but at 5'6" tall and 170 lbs. I definitely fit into the "overweight" category. So, in May of 2008 I walked into my first Weight Watchers meeting. Six months later I am still walking into Weight Watchers meetings every week, but now I walk in 25 pounds lighter
.

I've now met my Weight Watchers goal weight of 145 lbs., but would like to lose about 10 more pounds. More importantly, I've begun setting new, non-weight related goals for myself. In September I ran my first 5k race after doing the Couch to 5k Program and in October I ran another 5k. I've decided to push myself to train for a half-marathon using Hal Higdon's Half Marathon Training Program.

So...follow along as I attempt to run 13.1 miles and stay focused on a healthy lifestyle.

Today, day 1/week 1 (D1W1), was a "stretch and strengthen" day. When I got to the gym this morning the crowd at the weight machines was insane. (Everyone must be attempting to work off all of the turkey they ate for Thanksgiving.) As a result, I stretched but did not strengthen. Instead, I did 25 minutes on the elliptical machine. I think that in the future I might spend "stretch and strengthen" days at home with a strength training DVD. We'll see.

No comments: