Thursday, December 18, 2008

Freedom! (and food issues)

At last it is here, the sweet smell of freedom. Freedom from classes, note-taking, studying and tests...at least for the next two weeks.

I had my last final this morning. It was three and a half hours of pure torture. When I was finished my mind was a mush of purchase-money security interests, priorities, and foreclosure sales; my body was physically weak; and I just wanted to get really drunk and/or cry and/or sleep. I did none of those. Instead I went to the mall to finish my Christmas shopping. Not exactly relaxing, but it did get my mind off the test and on to other things.

That being said, I did not run today. I've mixed this week up a bit due to my crazy finals schedule and the snow/ice storm that came in early in the week. Yesterday I ran 3.5 miles. It was a "eh" run. Not spectacular, but not horrible either. Tomorrow is supposed to be a rest day, but since I "rested" today I'm going to do today's run tomorrow. I may end up doing this week over again, depending on how things go over the weekend. Whatever. I'm not in any particular rush.

________________________________________________________________

Tomorrow (Friday) is my Weight Watchers meeting. Unless I have gained 3 pounds in the last week -- God I hope not -- I will be under my goal weight and become a lifetime member. Awesome!

Here's the problem. Ever since I made goal (145 lbs) I've had so much trouble staying motivated to track what I am eating. This is a problem for two reasons: (1) I would still like to lose 5-10 more pounds to have a "cushion" before I am over my goal weight and, most importantly, (2) I do not want to end up where I was before I started Weight Watchers last May. I'm afraid if I stop tracking I'll just slide down the slippery slope and back into my size 14 jeans. As it is I have gained (small amounts of) weight the last two weeks. I wouldn't be surprised if tomorrow is the same.

Tomorrow starts a fresh "Weight Watchers week" for me -- new points tracker, WPA turn over, etc. I AM going to track all next week, even during Christmas. I'll report back on my progress to keep myself honest. ;)

No comments: