Monday, December 15, 2008

Hot, Hot, Hot

Okay, hot might be too strong of a word, but yesterday felt (almost) like summer (er, fall?) here. I woke up around 8:30, let my dogs outside and noticed that I was not freezing my ass off. It was 50 degrees outside!

I quickly woke my husband up and begged him to go out on the trail with me. The thought of running outdoors with scenery and fresh air was so alluring that he actually got out of bed and agreed to go! It was a great 4 miles and afterwards we went to one of my favorite cafes for breakfast.

*****

Then I went to the library...and studied...and studied some more. By the time I left, the temperature had dropped to 18 degrees and there was an ice storm rolling in. The ice made for a great adventure this morning as I struggled to get to my 8:30 am final.

Tomorrow I finally start increasing my mileage. Unfortunately, it will have to be on the treadmill, as the ice only supposed to get worse tonight. Bleh.

No comments: